Image: RNT Foundation
Blog Editor’s Note: Not sure how we missed this formal announcement until now, but here it is.
This is always an interesting event for those interested in PNT. We highly recommend you attend in person or on-line!
We also want to let you know about the…
RNT Foundation Reception on 15 November
RNT Foundation will host a reception for our members and the members and speakers at the Advisory Board meeting the evening of 15 November at the Sonesta. This is a free member benefit, but please let us know by the 10th of November if you will be attending.
Thanks to our members Spirent/Spirent Federal, Hexagon/NovAtel/Antcom, Microchip, Xona, and Continental Electronics for helping fund this reception.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Notice of meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announces a meeting of the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Advisory Board. This will be the 27th meeting of the PNT Advisory Board.
Wednesday, November 16, 2022, from 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Pacific Time; and Thursday, November 17, 2022, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Pacific Time.
Sonesta Redondo Beach, 300 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. James Joseph Miller, Designated Federal Officer, PNT Advisory Board, Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546, (202) 262-0929 or email@example.com.
This meeting will be open to the public up to the capacity of the meeting room. In-person attendees will be requested to sign a register prior to entrance to the proceedings. Webcast details to watch the meeting remotely will be available on the PNT Advisory Board website at: www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following:
○ Updates from PNT Advisory Board Subcommittees:
○ Communications and External Relations (CER) Subcommittee
○ Education and Science Innovation (ESI) Subcommittee
○ Emerging Capabilities, Applications and Sectors (ECAS) Subcommittee
○ International Engagement (IE) Subcommittee
○ Protect, Toughen and Augment (PTA) Subcommittee
○ Strategy, Policy and Governance (SPG) Subcommittee
- Update on U.S. Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Policy and Global Positioning System (GPS) III program development
- Discuss potential improvements to current GPS signal capabilities (authentication, integrity, augmentation, etc.) and GPS user equipment (resistance to jamming, security, resilience, etc.)
- Review of regulatory constraints in the development of multi-GNSS capabilities for improved PNT
- Complementing GPS with other PNT sources
- Deliberations on any findings and recommendations
Other PNT Advisory Board business and upcoming work plan schedule
For further information, visit the PNT Advisory Board website at: https://www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/.
It is imperative that the meeting be held on this date to meet the scheduling availability of key participants.
Acting Advisory Committee Management Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
[FR Doc. 2022-22513 Filed 10-14-22; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-13-P