Image: GPS.gov (We hope you will get to see their faces next time!)
Blog Editor’s Note: This meeting should be even more interesting than is usual. Note the board’s formation of subcommittees to help focus on the many and varied issues related to PNT in the U.S.A.
National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Advisory Board; Meeting
National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Notice of meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announces a meeting of the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Advisory Board. This will be the 26th meeting of the PNT Advisory Board.
Wednesday, May 4, 2022, from 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Eastern Time; and Thursday, May 5, 2022, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
Crowne Plaza Annapolis, Arundel Ballroom, 173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, MD 21401.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. James Joseph Miller, Designated Federal Officer, on (202) 262-0929 or firstname.lastname@example.org, PNT Advisory Board, Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546.
This meeting will be open to the public up to the capacity of the meeting room. In-person attendees will be requested to sign a register prior to entrance to the proceedings. Webcast details to watch the meeting remotely will be available on the PNT Advisory Board website at: www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following:
○ Updates from Newly Established PNT Advisory Board Subcommittees:
○ Communications and External Relations (CER) Subcommittee
○ Education and Science Innovation (ESI) Subcommittee
○ Emerging Capabilities, Applications and Sectors (ECAS) Subcommittee
○ International Engagement (IE) Subcommittee
○ Protect, Toughen and Augment (PTA) Subcommittee
○ Strategy, Policy and Governance (SPG) Subcommittee
- Update on U.S. Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Policy and Global Positioning System (GPS) III program development
- Discuss potential improvements to current GPS signal capabilities (authentication, integrity, augmentation, etc.) and GPS user equipment (resistance to jamming, security, resilience, etc.)
- Review of regulatory constraints in the development of multi-GNSS capabilities for improved PNT
- Complementing GPS with other PNT sources
- Deliberations on any findings and recommendations
- Other PNT Advisory Board business and upcoming work plan schedule
For further information, visit the PNT Advisory Board website at: https://www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/.
It is imperative that the meeting be held on this date to meet the scheduling availability of key participants.
Advisory Committee Management Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
[FR Doc. 2022-07101 Filed 4-4-22; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-13-P