What’s New: The UK’s Royal Institute of Navigation (RIN) has announced its 2nd Annual PNT Leadership Seminar.
- RNTF member Mitch Narins has also sent us an RIN whitepaper on Resilient PNT he helped write, and which he says will be discussed at the meeting.
Why It’s Important: The UK government has had a strategic plan for PNT in draft for at least two years. The RIN is a “learned society” with an obligation to provide expertise to government.
- And, of course, PNT is really important, Resilient PNT is even more so.
What Else to Know:
- The RIN whitepaper does not recommend any systems or architecture. Rather it advocates for the kinds of academic discussions and policy determinations being carried on in the U.S.
- The U.K. National Physical Laboratory has a national distributed clock program underway. So far it seems to be point to point, but it may well eventually include a broadcast and/or wireless component.
|2ND ANNUAL UK PNT LEADERSHIP SEMINAR|
|RegisterTell a Friend|
The 2nd UK PNT Leadership Seminar
Online registration is available until: 07/11/2023
|« Go to Upcoming Event List|
THE 2nd UK PNT LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Positioning, navigation and timing applications and services are a high-growth opportunity for UK investment, skills and IP development and competitiveness. The UK has a track record in achieving excellence in resilient PNT spanning from understanding the threats and impacts to delivering innovative technology and solutions.
This leadership seminar brings together the UK’s leaders in government, industry, academia and key user communities to highlight economic benefits of resilient PNT leadership and to develop a view of approaches, priorities and next steps.
The RIN’s objectives for this event are:
1. To update the community and to demonstrate tangible progress since last year
The outputs from this event for the community will be:
1. A report or blog/PR on the day and discussion
The RIN formed the UK PNT Advisory Group to bring together experts with the aim of providing advice and support in collaboration with key stakeholders. This UK PNT Advisory Group will be present at the seminar.
MORE DETAILS WILL FOLLOW BUT THE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS: