Department of Defense Image
What’s New: We included this as part of another post last week, but decided it was too important to be buried as part of something else. A great perspective on:
- China deliberately, over the long haul, using every lever of national power and influence to displace the United States
- U.S. leadership seemingly unaware, not connecting the dots
- The need for a whole-of-government, coordinated response, over the long haul!
“An Intelligence Officer’s Perspective on China.” Click the link to view the video or read his remarks.
- “I’m going to be very honest with you: it’s very unsettling to see how much the U.S. is not connecting the dots on our number one challenge, even though the National Security and Defense Strategies call China out.”
Nexus with PNT: China has multiple space and terrestrial sources of PNT.
- This gives them a huge tactical advantage in the South China Sea and Taiwan Strait
- It also gives them a huge strategic advantage over the United States because we are overwhelmingly dependent on GPS
- China could threaten to jam GPS globally, or just over the US as a way to dissuade us from defending Taiwan or doing anything else they don’t want us to do.
- China could temporarily jam GPS to damage the U.S. homeland and show their power, reduce our influence in the world.
- Destroying GPS satellites is also possible, but would likely quickly lead to all-out war.
More to Come: Watch this space for more on China and PNT.