Wednesday,May 4, 2016
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
Precision Time is becoming increasingly important in many industries. Applications and industries that benefit from accurate time include:
- Mobile Networks
- Power & Smart Grid
- Industrial Automation
- Smart Cities
- Audio and Broadcast
This webinar will address the following topics:
- Why these different industries need time
- How these applications can get precision time across small or large networks
- Power industry case study – Bonneville Power
- What the challenges of GPS/GNSS are
- Solutions deployed in the market today
- Here is a graphic from MITRE of all the places power grids use time.
- The US government has committed to establishing an eLoran timing network as a wide area wireless complement for GPS. Here is a paper that describes the work already done.